New day, new task, new challenges – Today I started working on a social collaborative tool which will work on Surface, but extended eventually to Flex 3, Silverlight and iPhone.
First impression: Visual Studio is an old friend. Still, bad news: Surface SDK is kept locked in a website, having access only those who bought a license. Shame, Microsoft!
After installing the SDK I started running the examples, I noticed that many events are new, a lot of new interaction techniques appeared ( the device can track up to 50 different fingers) and also the trackers who can be identified and corresponding menus, actions, interactions can be setup.
I’m looking forward to this new style of programming and really hope to learn it as fast as Objective-C.